1. Start with an emty layer — choose bacground black. Add new a new layer for each text element. Then you can reorganize them as needed.
2. Add a new layer for the image of Asu Natsuko.
3. …And a layer for the background picture. Note: There is a person at the right in the image.
4. Lower the opasity in the picture until you can see the artist below.
5. Then use the eraser to erase the image on the top. Make sure you have the background layer on top.
6. As you could see on the previous picture the edges weren´t too good. Use differnt type of size and brushes to make it perfect. Encrease the opasity of the image up to 100% again. Note: One can still see a glimpse of the person on the background picture. Remove this with the pencil brush after the color is pick up with the eye-dropper tool.
7. Make the text layers visible, and put on some drop shadows to make some of the text line more visible. Final, use the perspective and the rotate tool to drag the Paris…textline to make a visual effect of it.
Now the poster is done, and you have a visual contrast between the background image and the artist. The poster is simple and clean with just white text, some with drop shadows.
See you at the Japan Expo Music Festival. 😉
Student work by May Britt
Task: Gimp Poster
Dj ph Note: Changes are made.